Tuesday, November 4, 2014

KUWAIT BUCKET LIST: See Vintage Cars


The Kuwait's Historical, Vintage and Classic Cars Museum located in Shuwaikh Kuwait is one of my target places to visit while I am residing here in Kuwait. I really wanted to see these luxury cars which are owned by the royal family.








They say that this museum was allotted to showcase the cars of the sheikhs and the high ranking officials of Kuwait. They also have an area exhibiting top brand cars from Kuwaiti car collectors. These car collections are changed every 3 months.

The place can be visited for free. The museum is open from Saturday to Thursday (9am to 12nn) then (5pm to 9pm). However, it is closed during Fridays.

It was truly a display of luxury. Cars like Ford, Rolls Royce, Minerva were just few of the array of big names in the place. Below are my shots of some of the awesome cars in the museum.











The building beside the museum is like a big car playground for kids and kid at heart. They have SMART cars/electric cars you can ride one. I really wanted to try it but I was with the big boys that time so I'll save the experience on my next visit.







We also went to an exhibit section just beside the museum. In that room they showcase the different displays about the mechanism of an automotive. I was glad Ali was with us since he was explaining everything in there but I was actually hearing jargons.



After which, we learned that there was an ongoing cart racing on the race track beside. So in a snap, we went to the viewing area to see the race and tried shooting panning shots/light trail. Since it was dark and we did not bring tripods with us, the shoot was a challenge.




It was a fun night at Kuwait Historical, Vintage and Classic Cars Museum. I will surely revisit this place for the Cart Race Experience.

And thanks to Ali, Hany and Ryan, another entry in my bucket list done ^_^


No comments:

Post a Comment

You can also comment here to inquire on airfare tickets and vacation packages we offer. I will send an email to respond on all inquiries. :) Thanks for visiting my blog!