Friday, November 14, 2014

KUWAIT BUCKET LIST: Visit Kuwait Zoo

A day trip to the Kuwait Zoo has been a pending plan for me and Ryan for quite a time. But today, thanks God that plan got materialized. Ryan is fanatic with animals and just everything about them which convinced him to come with me today even if he was from his night shift duty.

I had no plan to shoot and rather just let Ryan use our 70-200mm f2.8 (telephoto) lens to capture up close shots of the animals. But when I started seeing animals which I only saw here (like the bear, lion and the like), and after my co-hobbyist felt weird with my go pro cam, I forced my (18-105mm) kit lens to capture great shots.

The Kuwait Zoo is located at Al-Omariya, Kuwait. It is nearby the intersection of 5th ring road and Jahra Road. It homes various species but fewer than I expect. I have seen only few zoos in my life so I cannot make good comparison. It is best to visit the Kuwait Zoo during winter (November to March) so that there will be a bit of shade. Entrance fee is 500 fils during holiday and 1 KD during working days. It opens from 8am to 12nn then 4pm to 8pm.

Inside is a train you can ride on that roams on the streets of the zoo. There are also areas where you can feed the animals and ride a camel which sadly I was not able to try.

train ride




us capturing the bear which sadly i got no good capture of

the compulsory wacky shot at the entrance

still go proing

ryan flaunting his shot

For someone who loves animals so much like Ryan, seeing the condition of the animals in the zoo is quite frustrating. The maintenance is so-so but I am afraid that the animals are maltreated. I just hope that this tourist attraction will be given more attention especially that a lot of people come here to see it and zoos give good lessons to both children and adults.

Below are my snaps during my Kuwait Zoo visit!!














And yes, another entry in my bucket list is off.

the pose of fulfillment

the compulsory group wacky post tour


No comments:

Post a Comment

You can also comment here to inquire on airfare tickets and vacation packages we offer. I will send an email to respond on all inquiries. :) Thanks for visiting my blog!